Saturday, May 9, 2015

Improving working lighting

Recently I decided to improve my working lighting. For this purposes I bought 10W LED projector. But it turned out it has pretty low quality and has a few issues: overheating and flickering. It was decided to improve both.

To improve flickering I replaced original 120uF, 100V output capacitor with 1000uF, 100V capacitor (I would put 2000uF there but I was have to rewire everything inside even for 1000uF to fit it). Be very careful with high voltage capacitor, this circuit doesn't have discharge resistor.


To reduce hit a bit from LED matrix I put 1 Ohm, 5W resistor. It also would be nice to replace heat sink with a bigger one.


To fit everything inside was quite a challenge. Now testing. The following images show original and improved lighting respectively (and yes, video would be better):




No comments:

Post a Comment